This program aims at contributing towards livelihood enhancement through participation and promotion of viable livelihoods activities for self-reliance and sustainable development. The program targets the most vulnerable youth, women, children, men and households with livelihood programs including; Improved household food and income security, agribusiness and innovation through value chains management for smallholder farmers, Promotion of sustainable climate friendly agriculture and Facilitating increase in household savings and access to financial services for investment.
- Train farmers in change agent skills
- Train farmers on improved agronomic practices.
- Train and support farmers in value chain production(Value addition) and market linkages
- Train farmers on Income generating activities and savings e.g. VSLA.
- Provision of credit farm inputs to the farmer groups
- Establish and operate demonstration Sites
- Establish and operate farmer information centers
- Conduct learning visits for enterprise farmers.
- Establish regional e-marketing centers
- Improved food and income security at household level.
- Improved positioning of (smallholder) farmers within the value chains.
- Promotion of sustainable climate friendly agriculture.
- Facilitating increase in food, income and savings at household level.
- Improved access to finance, advisory services and incentives and inputs.
- Local small and medium farmers and processors supported for increased productivity
- Improved quality of produce/product and value addition for increased income and savings,
- Agribusiness through Value chains & innovative products; and markets linkages at local, national & regional level developed
- Promote equity for women farmers/processors to increase food security and household income